Lectures and symposiums on the exhibition by our curators or authorities from home and abroad are held for free.
Caravaggio and His Time: Friends, Rivals and Enemies
- Tuesday 1 March 2016 14:00 – 15:30
- Rossella Vodret (Caravaggio exhibition director, Art historian, Former superintendant, the Superintendancy for the Historic, Artistic, and Ethno-antholopological Heritage and Museum Authority of the City of Rome)
*Lecture presented in Italian, simultaneous translation in Japanese.
“Caravaggio and His Influence”
- Saturday 12 March 2016 14:00 – 15:30
- Ishinabe Masumi (Professor, Faculty of Arts and Literature, Seijo University)
“The Truth about Caravaggio: What Kind of Man Was He?”
- Saturday 14 May 2016 14:00 – 15:30
- Kawase Yusuke (Caravaggio exhibition curator, Associate Curator, The National Museum of Western Art)
“The Caravaggists in Rome and Naples”
To apply for a lecture ticket
- Auditorium, The National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo (B2 floor)
- Limited to 140 people per event.
Free of charge, however, Special Exhibition ticket is required.
- To attend:
- Each lecture will be open to the first 140 people to pick up Attendance tickets at the Information Center. Pick up Attendance tickets at the Information Center starting at 12:00 noon on the day of the lecture.
The Auditorium will open at 30 minutes prior to each lecture.
- Title and content of lecture may change without notice.