Lectures and symposiums on the exhibition by our curators or authorities from home and abroad are held for free.
Lucas Cranach the Elder: 500 Years of the Power of Temptation
- Saturday 15 October 2016 14:00 – 15:30
- Guido Messling(Curator, Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna)
*Lecture presented in German, simultaneous translation in Japanese.
“Traveling Artist: Cranach and the Netherlands”
- Saturday 29 October 2016 14:00 – 15:30
- Akira Akiyama (Professor, University of Tokyo)
“Cranach vs. Dürer: The Birth of ‘The Artist’ in Germany”
- Saturday 19 November 2016 14:00 – 15:30
- Mikinosuke Tanabe (Professor, Tokyo University of the Arts)
“Cranach and the Reformation”
- Saturday 10 December 2016 14:00 – 15:30
- Atsushi Shinfuji (Associate Curator, NMWA)
“Temptation that Surpasses Time: Cranach and ‘The Power of Women’”
To apply for a lecture ticket
- Auditorium, The National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo (B2 floor)
- Limited to 140 people per event.
Free of charge, however, Special Exhibition ticket is required.
- To attend:
- Each lecture will be open to the first 140 people to pick up Attendance tickets at the Information Center. Pick up Attendance tickets at the Information Center starting at 12:00 noon on the day of the lecture.
The Auditorium will open at 30 minutes prior to each lecture.
- Title and content of lecture may change without notice.